About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Tuesday



Had a trip out to Huntly to visit Deans shortbread factory, you can see onto the factory floor, we then went up to Elgin for a wander around the shops.
Did a search for craft shops found four within a short walking distance,

This shop was full of quilt fabric the owner's dog was not very keen on my hubby,


This shop was full of also of stitchy things, needed to get a DMC thread to replace a thread I am using that I do not like the lady was most helpfull.


We visited the meusum which had free entry, as hubby into metal detecting we were interested in the Birnie Hoard which was a hoard of silver coins.


This interested me some beads which were found in a cost burial, a necklace was made to represent what it could look like.



No comments: