About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 23 November 2008

Knitting and stitching show

I have had a busy few days, it has been the knitting and stitching show  in Harrogate I am afraid to say I spent 3 days at this show. I had a day to myself, I spent a day there with my mum then another day with some friends of ours which we met on Saturday. I tried not to spend too much money but my knitting side won out and I did buy some kits, one you knit on size 15 needles with 4 strands of wool, this is a jacket which they say you can knit in 10 hours I have done the back already, my mum is expecting this as a Christmas present, then a rather expensive knitted doll from a company from Australia I couldn't resist it and she has a wardrobe full of patterns to knit for her they also had patterns for what they called huggable friends these could also be used as for heated wheat/rice bags which I thought was a good idea and would make lovely presents. I also got some fashion yarns to make the french knitting necklaces with the pendents to match or when I have time I will bead them. I will take some pictures of my stash and show them next time.

No comments: