About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Monday 13 October 2014

Roman York

At this moment in time I am sat at York university with my Hubby as he is unable to drive at the moment and he had signed up to a learning for pleasure course,  I have been allowed to sit in on the class as my Hubby's vision has been affected as he has developed a 3rd nerve palsy, it is a 6 week course on Roman York or as it was called Eboracum. This is our 2nd week last week I found quite interesting but boy this week is boring all about the legions, they only have a list of nine names which belong to the soldiers over 400 years and these are from grave memorials.

 

I decided last week that I would knit during the class to pass the time,I thought I would start the cowl I bought at Yarndale.


We'll I have manged to knit the 1st one as I bought enough wool to knit two, one for me and my mother.


Just need to add the buttons.


1 comment:

RedSetter said...

I'm so sorry to hear you hubby is suffering from this condition and hope it can be cured/improved. What a trooper you are taking him there and sitting through a subject which is your 'thing'- that's real dedication! Good idea to get out the yarn though, that should see you through. Maybe you should knit/crochet something in theme next like Roman outfit or shield....!