About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 29 August 2010

Festival of Quilts

As I mentioned in my last post I was off to the Festival of Quilt, It is a 4 day show at the NEC in Birmingham this year I went on the Friday, which I think was a good day to visit as it wasn't too crowded, My Hubby did the driving, takes about 2 1/2 hrs to get there but we where there before it opened. I bumped into two Twin Sister I knew in the queue they had come for all four days and both brought an empty suite case each!!
The stash I bought, I stuck to my list!!
I loved the center of this Quilt as it was ribbon embroidery.



The detail on this quilt was amazing as you can see from the Maori.



This is just a panel from the Winning Quilt alot of the flowers where in 3D.
I thought these pegs where great.
I always come back very inspired but nothing seems to happen, I have all the squares for a sampler Quilt which I did on a course learning different techniques, I just need to stitch them together.
Jayne

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Great pictures, Jayne. I think the quilt with the pegs is quite simply stunning. I would really like to see it in person.