About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Thursday 19 February 2009

HOE Biscornu Arrived


I had a parcel from Iceland waiting for me today in the post from Edda  it was the Hoe Biscornu Exchange 
it is a pattern by Papillon Creations published in The Gift of stitching issue 27. It is stitched in my favorite colour and finished with beads on the edge and is beautifully stitched . She also sent me a lovely Prairie Schooler pattern and some needles.
I have just finished stitching my Biscornu for the exchange I just need to whip stitch the edges then it will be ready to be posted hopefully by Saturday. I have been on Nights this week so have not had much time for stitching.
At last all the snow has gone and the weather has improved my hubby and I went for a walk this morning with our dogs, we went to the beautiful Harewood House the grounds are open now that it is half term week, the Red Kites were active and we saw them flying above us, I have recently seen them on the way to work so they are certainly well established now as there was a release programme about 10 years ago by the RSPB at Harewood House. 


Jayne

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

A very nice biscornu that you received. And the Prairie Schooler chart is such a great addition. Enjoy the exchange.