About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 11 January 2009

Ready for the New Year

When I started this blog I did wounder if anyone would read it and I am delighted now as people have actually left comments, I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs and seeing what they have stitched and how they finish them, I have learnt alot about different finishes. As you can see I dabble in many crafts I have many UFO's and hope to try and finish a few this year.
Last year I did alot of exchanges so I found I didn't have much time for personal stitching I am going to try and get a better balance this year.
I have finished my stitching for the Lizzie Kate exchange on HOE just have to make it up so once it has been received I will post a picture. I have also signed up for the 2009 Christmas Challenge and the Year long Prairie Schooler exchange.


I am on Holiday at the moment my Hubby and I had a trip out on Friday, in Feb I have to spend a week at Wortly Hall near Sheffield (for work) this means a trip down the M1 I do not like motorway driving so we had a trip out to find it, it is a beautiful Stately  Home turned into a hotel and it was a really cold morning so everything was still covered in ice so it looked wonderful. We then went to Climax Fishing Store the other side of Sheffield as my Hubby is a fisherman then we went to Bakewell which has a lovely needle craft shop  called Wye Needlecraft as you can see I have been adding to my stash I bought some charts for all these exchanges I am going to be doing.

I also popped in to the quilt shop at Darley Dale called Heirs and Graces so it was a good day out the temperature never went above O  so everything had frost on, the moorside just looked spectacular I should have taken pictures but forgot Hubby always has a camera with him on his belt. I also obtained some of these charts from Sew and so a great website I use.

Jayne



1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like you have a lot of wonderful things to stitch.