About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 2 January 2011

A New Year

This is my first bit of stitching for 2011 I have as yet to finish the 12 ornaments from LHN Ornament of the month series, I am on ornament 8 so as I am still a member of the Sal 2011 blog, this is my first UFO for the year to be finished as I intend to collect this years ornament of the month, there is a preview of the first ornament on the LHN blog.This is what I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas she has a basket of Biscornu so as we had had alot of
snow I thought it was an ideal pattern it is from Faby Reilly called the Snowman.


Here is a panel from the Quilt I made for my mother I have now quilted it just need to bind the edges she is very pleased with it.
This was taken by my Husband before Christmas it is the River Nidd in Knaresborough it is frozen when we went down to look at it I could not believe the amount of footprints there where on the ice even the tracks of a bike.
Jayne

3 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Wonderful stitching! I'm excited about this year's LHN ornaments. Love the photo of the river.

Ginnie said...

Just found you from the 2011 SAL... we are going to confuse people having the same name !!
Lovely stitching, the biscornu is very cute.
Jayne

demeter83 said...

You're stitching's looking gorgeous!
I just wandered over here after finding your blog on the 2011 stitch a long and did a double take when I saw the picture of Knaresbrough, I live in Harrogate!