About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Friday 18 December 2009

One more week


My mother is a member of her local Flower Arranger group (N.A.F.A.S) she is on the committee so every year I go with her to the Christmas Flower arranging demonstration as we get good seats, then you spend a couple of hour watching those huge flower arrangements been put together and listen to the demonstrator telling you all his stories so it is a good night.

At the end of the night the arrangements are raffled so you could end up going home with one, it is my worst nightmare because they are so big you would have trouble getting them in the car fortunately I have never won one yet. I always end up folding the raffle tickets though as my Mum and another lady sell them.
Do many other ladies have problems reaching the magazines? My husband thought this made a good photo as I and another lady where unable to reach the top shelf to leaf though the magazines alot of ladies are vertically challenged, but I don't think shops think about this.
This is what I am stitching at the moment a late Xmas present for my Mum I have already treated her to a stitching day out as her Christmas present but I thought I would make her a little something to open, it is the stitcher's favorite fob from The Sweetheart Tree but I intend to finish it as a Chatelaine.
JAYNE

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Very nice flower arrangments. And you are right - it would be difficult to transport them in a normal car, lol.
Your ST piece already looks very promising. Looking forward to seeing the finishing.